Friday, January 14, 2011

Samwich, good sammy, steak sammy, please

I was shopping this morning at the grocery store (aka Supermarket) and I saw some nicely packaged cube steaks and then a beautiful vision floated in my head of gorgeously spiced and buttery pan fried steak on portugese bread, lusciously coated with sweet onions. Sounds good?  Yesss!

I brought the ingredients home and prayed I had all I needed. I knew that I had found the recipe for this delicious steak sammy but I could not remember who the author was...until...I walk through my front door and pass by my bookcase...my eyes glance at the cookbooks I had borrowed form the library and...then...bing! I remember and feel regret. Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman,
 I returned it! NOOO! Realize...hey girl...it's ok...go to her website...recipe found!

The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl



and her Marlboro Man loves the sandwich (I am sure the sammy's fan base is huge now) !

So, I make it-




See all those rich and flavorful juices, put some all over your sammy


and you can get it here! Very good, a winner!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails