Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January Days and Nights

Here is just a mish-mosh of things throughout the month. I haven't been faithfully blogging, because my job hunt takes first place now, which has me altogether in another mode (called hustle and bustle)

But, I have been trying my hand at a few things, take a moment, and have a look-

Cooking


Potato Scallion Salmon Cakes!

Freestyle Recipe

2-3 Boiled Russet potatoes, mashed
1 can of pink salmon, drained and mashed*
2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
1-2 teaspoons of Old Bay Seasoning
1 scant teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 cup of bread crumbs, Italian, Panko or your favorite
1 whole egg, beaten

*- with the can of pink salmon, I just drain it and mash it well, bones, skin and all- but you can pick through it if you like

Heat (med-high) 1/2 cup of your favorite frying oil in a skillet. I sometimes mix extra virgin olive oil and canola.

Combine all the ingredients in a largish bowl and mix well. Form small patties in the palms of your hands and put on a plate until all the patties are formed.
Fry the patties in small batches, about 7 minutes per side. remove from skillet and place on paper toweling or bags to absorb excess fat.
Serve hot with ketchup or remoulade sauce (a fancy sauce, but remember, use what makes you happy!)



Homemade Jamaican Beef Patties!

Recipe from this wonderful cookbook I snagged at the library

Jerk from Jamaica: Barbecue Caribbean Style


Kitchen table, work space










Just Dance 2

So much fun with the family!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails