Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Battle of the Click

It all happened one afternoon while I was on eBay. In a previous post here on this blog, I mentioned some little past treasures I had found and won on eBay. But, there is more to that story or event I shall call it. You see, There was this one item that I wished to win that was highly desired out of all the other bids. This was that item


The bidding got quite hectic at the end of the time period. I was sitting in my chair waiting, waiting, waiting, for the notification that I was losing. I held my ground at a high of $28.00! I was completely mad! I am thinking at the time, "Girl! You crazy, bidding that amount!" The bidding started at $5.___. I forget now, please don't quote me. But, it was low enough for me to manage the amount in addition to the other bids I was in. So, I waited for the notification, and the bidding ended. All of a sudden I see, "Sorry, you did not win...." blah, blah,blah, blah.......Big Sigh! And, the other bidder won at $30! $30!

I am feeling discouraged, sad, and just plain taunted. I mean I know that's what it's all about.  This bid/lose thing. But, I could not get out of my head that winning bidder, whoever he or she was, whooping and a hollering, I won (my extreme or not so extreme thought, I mean, I really don't know)!

So, what's a person feeling jilted supposed to do? I mean, really. Well, she takes her jilted feelings over to amazon.com and purchases the same book for $3.95 plus shipping and handling and feels really, really good! Like so good that she's whooping and a hollering (well not exactly, it was more sinister like)! 

And, I now have the ITEM in My Hands (yes, I am feeling a little immature right now).

So, this brings me to the part about why this book is special. Here are a few pics. Mind you, they are not the best pics, I was, shaking with excitement-






















Cool! I mean retro, but so stylish and lady like. These magazines remind me of how when I was a young girl and teen, I would pour over these magazines and others like Essence and Ebony just studying the fashions and beauty spreads. These remembrances have kicked up in me a passion to explore needlecraft arts again. I personally think that if Good Housekeeping were to do it again, I would definitely be a subscriber. Oh, many wishes!

So, I will probably buy or bid for more of these magazines. I mean they are just chock full of wonderful patterns and tips for knitters, crocheters, and sewers. I love the styles and home ideas. 

Does my story/event sound familiar? This event brought out many things in me, which, also brings me to the thought on how many lessons I have learned from this experience. Too many!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails