Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goodness, it's hot!

I am considering the purchase of a ceiling fan for my living room. I initially wanted to purchase the fans for all the rooms in the house that have flat ceilings, no angles or close by walls near the ceiling fixtures. But, after reading about ceiling fans on the This Old House website, I found out that really reliable ceilings fans are an investment and so this has prompted me to rethink my budget. Alas, I can only afford one for now.

I am kinda nervous about installing a ceiling fan. Electricity gives me the yikes. Like, Yikes! I could get electrocuted! Or, Yikes! I might DIIIIIEEEE! So, I thought it would be smart to seek some professional help from the experts. Free professional advice from the old house experts-

How to Install a Ceiling Fan from This Old House (a  video)

Harbor Breeze 44" Bella Vista Ash and Mahogany Antique Nickel Ceiling Fan, 3-Light
I found this unit at my local Lowe's store. It is inexpensive but has very good reviews. Guess what, it fits the bill, the budget (okay, I really looked for a fan under $50, but, came to my senses, I mean, I think it should last a bit), and the pocket . Bingo!

Okay. So, I have reviewed the video and I am making plans to get the fan. If you don't see me later............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails