Thursday, August 23, 2012

No one talks about this.....it's just smelly

The smelly I'm talking about is garbage. No one likes to think about it. Especially in New York City and it's five boroughs. But, this morning it occured to me that after depositing a lot of trash on the curb in front of my house that I need to reduce this unsightly mess!

"Where is all this stuff going?", and ,"Who is dealing with this?" because I honestly do not know the process and I really should as I am just as responsible for this as every other New Yorker.
I mean garbage is quite disgusting stuff and somebody, people, organizations are taking our trash and what happens after they take it, transport it, recycle  it do I know much about? I feel that I should be responsible enough to at least know where my garbage goes.

Well, New York City, we can  know the whole stinky story.


I played The Gotham Gazette Garbage Game and sent 1,898,029 tons of refuse across 118,193 miles.



The Gotham Gazette has an educational and informing game that you can play where you can see how our trash disposal decisions affect our lives and our future environmentally. This game left me feeling what a gianormous responsibility we set for others to get rid of our waste. I realized how very important the word simplicity is.

And, thanks to the trash game, I am no longer ignorant as to the new life my trash leads from beyond my trash cans onto its new and complicated ,though never ceasing in possibilities, journey.

I have been enlightened fully in the terms Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails