Saturday, January 14, 2012

Science projects, spooky, and other....well....things

This past holiday season has been very peaceful. I decided early on in the season that I would keep it all very simple. Hardship can inspire genuine creativity and keep the spirit festive, thankful and humble. I must truly say with all earnest that I felt most truly blessed this past year.

My eldest daughter moved out of our home yesterday into an apartment she will share with a sorority sister in Brooklyn and I feel most proud and prayerful all at once. Th excitment and unexpected lay before her. but, I remind her that she can return if she needs. She responds by stating casually, "Mom, don't worry, I'll see you guys on Sunday!" So, it's just the two days! Patience, I say. The time between visits will get longer. And, I guess my prayers will be more fervent. Talking to God will fit in with the rest of the days activities- woke up, chat with God, take the bus, chat with God, walk the dog, chat with God, etc. Please keep my babies safe!

And so this moves me on to our holiday picture. I wanted this one to be perfect before Kesia moved.

first shot


second shot

third shot

fourth shot


so that's that! Our memorable holiday 2011 pictures! Beauties, all of them! And the children too!


And now that it's January, for school children this means Science Project season! My youngest daughter has decided to do a project about spoilage and apples. I helped her a bit by supplying her with a book that I received in  my graduate school education class

Last-Minute Science Fair Projects: When Your Bunsen's Not Burning but the Clock's Really Ticking





 Spooky pics taken at a park near my home






 Family time during our school breaks








2 comments:

  1. Your children are gorgeous! Candid family photos are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nettie! They are most cherished! Congrats and super kudos to your children as well! Your hard work returns in many priceless gifts of academic achievements!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails