Friday, August 12, 2011

I am not my hair, Part 1

Coiffures de Mr. Brun, Rue de la Michodière, 7, Paris."Say, mistah, if that machine works both ways, I'd like to have ma hair permanently un-waved!"


Mad'lle. Sontag.

Kashmir preparations for hair and skin; Kashmir Chemical Company, Dept. R.; 312 S. Clark Street, Chicago, Ill.
Fashion, World of - Models - Hairstyles - Model with boat in hair

a) Bride's head-dress, Iza; b) Dressing of girl's hair, Košelevo.[Chinese girl fixing another girl's hair.]

Hair - dressing as a work of art.

Hair-dressing

 Fashions in hair, 1788 -- the Academie de Coiffure, Paris.
Coiffures de Mr. Perrin, 28, Fg. St. Honoré, Paris.
[Rings, belt buckles, pendants, hair ornaments, brooches, and bracelets.]
[Hairstyles for teenage girls, United States, 1910s.]
[Kami-yui] = [Dressing the hair]

2 comments:

  1. I Wonder how many hours these ladies had to spend every time they had to have their hair done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wondered the same. Maybe the term fast-paced lifestyle did not exist during those times? These pictures speak a whole other language to me about the life of women in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails