Saturday, July 30, 2011

Some progress...though not much

I have been trying my hand skills at creating those flowers I learned from Teresa a couple of days ago. And, last minute, no, really it was Thursday to be exact. I found out that a relative is having a baby shower this Saturday. I need quick gifts.  I immediately thought of Martha who always has fresh and inspiring ideas for every occasion.  This site has some really great ideas that could be created within a few hours to days. still, I don't think I had that kind of time neither. Handmade is definitely what I wanted to give because a handmade gift would be special for a newborn. But, seriously, I am short on time. Here's what I have already partially made from Lion Brand




I really wanted to make my cousin this from Lion Brand


Cute and easy pattern for crochet, but not in my time frame, so it's the dolls for a gift, and I think it'll be okay because they are so cute.




Finally, I got her to sew at the machine
(a gift from last Christmas and it is quite a nice little machine, too)!!!


Crochet flower.....progress!!!!!


From my very shy, does not want to be photographed, tiny, tiny plot!


A breakfast staple remix!!!

Coconut- Cinnamon Dutch Baby

adapted from Martha Stewart

3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  3/4 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup Lyle's Golden Syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom cinnamon
(8/1/11 correction)
3 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large frying pan, like a cast iron skillet, put in the 3 tablespoons of butter and melt gently until slightly browned. Add coconut and cinnamon and gently toss to coat with the butter until very fragrant. Add the golden syrup and stir to coat the coconut. Turn off the heat a let the mixture sit while you prepare the dutch baby batter.
 In a medium sized bowl, combine the salt, flour, eggs and milk and whisk to combine the ingredients. Pour the batter into the frying pan over the coconut mixture and place in the hot oven and bake for about 20- 25 minutes. Do not check the dutch baby until at least 20 minutes has passed. The dutch baby should be nicely browned around the edges, puffy and slight colored on the top.

Cool to just room temperature and slice. Flip the slice when you plate it and sprinkle liberally with confectioner's sugar. It's very good !



Have a blessed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails